Saturday, June 25, 2016

Summer Reading


I'm back from Korea! And now that I have finished all my AP classes, AP exam, and other final exams, I have a lot more time to crochet and read. I recently got a Barnes and Noble gift card from a sweet girl from church, and I bought some books to read on my past recent trip to South Korea. The first book I bought was Lord of the Flies by William Golding. My brother read this book when he was in high school, and he highly recommended this book to me. I am super excited to read this book, as I heard many other good reviews on it. :)


The last book I bought is the Boy in Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne. I heard a lot of great reviews on this book, and on my trip to South Korea, I read it on the plane and at the hotel. I'll admit that I cried after I finished it. :P Without spoiling too much, the book is about the son of a leader of a concentration camp during World War II. This little boy finds a young Jewish boy at the fence of the concentration camp, and the two become friends. After reading this book, I highly recommend it to children of ages 10+. Although it is very simply written, it is an entertaining book that will be an excellent choice to read during the summer. :)

The next book I am going to be reading this summer is Animal Farm by George Orwell. I am currently half-way through this book, and I am really enjoying it. It is both educational and entertaining. I find the animals' arguments in the book to be very convincing. If I were an animal in that farm, I could definitely see myself following Napoleon stupidly. :P

The last book I am going to reading this summer is A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I have already read this book for school, but I wanted to re-read it because I really enjoyed this book. It is a bit difficult to understand, but once you read it carefully, it is a beautiful story. I read it with my mom, and we both shipped Charles Darnay and Lucie Manette. :)


In addition to reading lots of books, I have been trying to crochet and knit more. I am planning to post an update on my Creating a Super Mario World project. Stay tuned for that post! :D

Until next time, happy crocheting and crafting!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment